When you think about your home’s curb appeal, your garage door might not be the first thing that comes to mind. But the right garage door design can have a big impact on the overall look and feel of your home. Read on for ideas to boost curb appeal using the color, material, and style of your garage door.
Sometimes a simple color change is all you need to breathe new life into your garage door. There are many theories of color when it comes to garage doors, but it’s up to you to decide which one fits best with your home’s style. Here are 3 of the most common ones:
- Matching – You can choose to match your garage door to the color of your home, causing it to blend in. This is perfect if you want to draw less attention to your garage door.
- Subtle Contrast – This color theory has become a popular choice for homeowners in Portland and Vancouver. If your home is grey, consider a deeper, slate-toned door to make your garage door stand out in an elegant and sophisticated way.
- Bold Color – For the more adventurous homeowner, the sky is the limit when it comes to garage door color. From warm red to cobalt blue, there are many colors that can complement your home’s style while making a statement.
In addition to color, the material your garage door is made of can have a huge impact on your home’s overall curb appeal. Garage doors come in a variety of materials including steel, wood, simulated wood, fiberglass, and more! If you’re looking for a more modern feel, opt for something like an aluminum and glass garage door. If you want to emphasize the warm and farmhouse-like quality of your home, a wood garage door is perfect.
Another way to boost the curb appeal of your home is to consider the style of your garage door. Decorative trim, pillars, and stonework can all add visual interest and change the overall look and feel of your garage door. Here are a few ideas to spice up your garage door’s design:
- Hardware – Faux handles and fleur-de-lis hardware can transform any garage into a carriage house.
- Window Trim – Adds visual interest to your door by breaking up larger window panes into smaller sections.
- Plants – From climbing ivy to potted plants, greenery is a great way to make your garage door blend harmoniously with the rest of your home and yard.
- Light Fixtures – Lights above or on either side of your garage door can help to brighten the area while also adding an elegant touch.
Feeling inspired to update your garage door? We’re here to help! From garage door installation to custom garage doors, we can help you take your Portland or Vancouver home’s curb appeal to the next level.