Garage Door Summer Maintenance
You probably take your garage door for granted. You do not realize how much you depend on it until there is a problem. There are several things that you can do to protect your garage door and to prevent those unexpected and inconvenient problems that result when your garage door stops working properly. With some routine maintenance, you can extend the life of your garage door and avoid the inconvenience of a malfunction.
Here are some summer maintenance tips to keep your garage door in shape.
- Lubricate all the garage door hardware using a 3-in-1 oil. Don’t use grease!
- Wash your garage door during the warm weather to remove dirt, grease, and grime that has built up
- If you think it is time for a paint job after washing the door, now is the time to do it
- Reinforce your garage door if you live in an area prone to hurricanes or strong summer storms
- If you see rust, remove it by applying primer and exterior latex paint
- Test your garage door to make sure there are no loud noises, hesitations, or problems
To make sure your garage door is in tip-top shape, call your garage door service company. A qualified technician will gladly inspect your garage door and make sure any problems are addressed before they advance. This can help you avoid emergency service calls and address any safety issues.
Any time you hear an unusual noise or notice a problem with your garage door, you should call a technician to come inspect it. You can often catch problems early, and by doing so, save yourself time and money while cutting down on the damages. It is imperative to the safety of your family, pets, and property to make sure your garage door is well-maintained and functioning properly.
If you want to make sure your garage door is up to par, contact Larry Myers Garage Door today.