How To Prevent Water From Entering Under A Garage Door
You need your garage door to be functioning properly and safely so you can make sure that you can get in and out when you need to. When rainy weather comes around, you often prepare your property to avoid any water or flood damage, but do you consider how your garage door handles the weather? Often, you will think about your garage door in rainy weather until you see water entering underneath your garage door.
There are a few things that you can do to help prevent water from entering under your garage door. Protecting your garage door from the elements is essential in ensuring longevity and making sure it is working as it should. There are several things that you can do to make sure water does enter underneath your garage door. Here are few steps that you can take to help keep the water outside where it belongs:
- Replace the seals underneath your garage door. Seals that are worn or damaged can let in more than water. They can allow in dirt and pests as well.
- Make sure you have enough gutters. You should have guttering on your garage to redirect the water away from the garage door and the foundation of your home and garage.
- If you have a driveway that slopes down toward your garage door, you could experience serious water problems. Installing a trench drain that takes water away from the house can help you keep it dry underneath your garage door.
- While it may be an expensive approach, redoing a garage floor by raising it can be helpful.
- Landscaping can be used to redirect the water away from the home. This is more natural and is an affordable solution.
If you are having problems with water seeping underneath your garage door, you should call Larry Myers Garage Door for a technician to come out and assess the situation. If the water has caused any damage to the garage door, the technician can repair that and help you with any seal replacement that may be needed.