The Most Common Issues With My Garage Door
Garage doors have problems, and some of those problems are more common than others. If you have a garage door, odds are that you will have an issue with it at one time or another and need to have repairs done. Here are a few of the most common issues faced with a garage door:
- The most common problem faced is a garage door opener not working. It could be something as simple as lubricant being applied to reduce friction or it could be a more complex issue.
- Another common problem is a grinding noise, which could be caused by worn parts or loose hardware. It may require lubricant or it could need new hardware.
- Cracks or gaps are common for garage doors, and to keep them from getting larger, filler or sealant may be needed.
- Weather sealant that is damaged or cracked can be a problem letting water in and air out. Anytime there is a problem with the sealant, you should have it replaced.
- If the garage door slightly opens then closes right away, the springs at the door’s top probably need to be replaced. To save money, you should replace all springs at once.
- If your garage door closes then immediately reopens, there could be an alignment problem with the garage door photo eye. These small plastic safety features are located on both sides of the garage door. If they are working properly, they should have a flashing green light. If they are not working properly check for debris and then clean them off. If there is still a problem, then have them repaired or replaced.
- A garage door remote that doesn’t work is also a common issue. If the batteries being replaced do not fix it, then replace the remote.
- An unresponsive garage door opener could mean a problem with the photo eyes. This may be a fix through the breaker panel, or it may require repairs.
If you are experiencing garage door issues, leave the repairs up to the experts. That way, you will know that they got to the root of the problem and that you will have a long-term fix. Call Larry Myers Garage Doors to schedule service from one of our qualified technicians.